Born in 1981 in Szczecin. Lives and works in Warsaw. She works with drawings, animation films as well as video. Between 2003 and 2008 she studied sculpture and drawing at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw at studios of Jan Kucz, Grzegorz Kowalski and Zofia Glazer-Rudzińska.
In 2012, she got the Henkel Art Award from Henkel Poland for a series of drawings. In 2011, she was awarded the annual Artistic Scholarship from the Śródmieście District of the City of Warsaw.
In 2009 and 2014 her works were shown at ViennaFair. Zofia Gramz also took part in many film and animations festivals.
Her works are in collection of Center for Contemporary Art – Ujazdowski Castle and private collections.
In her black and white ink drawings Zofia Gramz uses black humour and irony to expose the absurdity of everyday life. Gramz’s drawings are like improvised monologues. ‘It’s simply thinking in the process’ – she claims.
– Starting everything a new again, Monopol Gallery, Warsaw
– Nothing happened, Centre for Contemporary Art, Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw
– Health and sobriety, Warsaw
– Lifemotiv, Heppen Transfer Gallery, Warsaw
– Viennafair 2014, Monopol Gallery, Vienna
– Small is big, Propaganda Gallery, Warsaw
– To draw, Anna Nova Gallery, Petersburg
– Sick Art, Jerozolima, Warsaw
– Beard, moustage, glasses, there’s no way to hide, Heppen Transfer, Warsaw
– Budapest Art Fair, Heppen Transfer, Budapeszt
– I live quietly and I don’t restrict myself at all, Heppen Transfer, Warszawa
– Art Santander, Heppen Transfer, Santander
– Summer in the city, Bocheńska Gallery, Warsaw
– Viennafair 2009, Heppen Transfer, Vienna
– Diaries of the Tamagotchi generation, Klima Bocheńska Gallery, Warsaw
– Variants. Grzegorz Kowalski’s Atelier 2006/2007, Zachęta National Art Gallery, Warsaw